runrev for CRM

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Fri Mar 10 16:49:33 EST 2006

Thom,
  A CRM can be something as simple as a Rolodex-style card file or a
module in a fully integrated business system. We have done both. Rev
works well for either. Simple CRMs are done quite easily and will not
excessively challenge the skills of most Rev beginners. More
complicated CRMs are more work, almost "real programming", and require
more time, effort, commitment, and skill. One of the biggest advantages
of Rev (and all Xcards) is that you can "work backwards": build the
interface first, then write the scripts to support that interface - in
my experience this will take about 1/10 th the time required to build
it the traditional way. An additional advantage is the modular nature
of things you build with Rev - it is usually easy to fix bugs, add
features or enhance the product after it is completed. You can begin
with something very basic and grow it as you needs and budget
require/permit.
  To answer your question specifically: this is not only "doable" in
Rev, Rev is probably the best means of doing it.
 Paul Looney