folder permissions on Win?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Mar 10 13:52:21 EST 2006

On OS X it's easy to set up a truly limited user account, but on Windows
when I set an account to "Limited" I can still access just about every
folder on the drive. As far as I can tell the only limitation on a
"Limited" account is the inability to create other accounts, but since
those accounts are not limited in any other way it's not much of a
limitation at all.

This raises two questions:

1. How can I set up an account which prevents access to the Program
Files directory?

2. Should I file a bug report with Microsoft to let them know that
"limited" accounts are not really limited?

I wouldn't mind being wrong on this one if someone can point the way to
creating an account which doesn't let the "limited" user destroy
everything on my system.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation