Latest Version of RunRev for Mac OS 9???

Jim Carwardine JimCarwardine at OwnYourFuture-net.com
Fri Mar 10 10:57:58 EST 2006

My guess it that developing for 2 Mac platforms is expensive for Rev when
(I suspect) that not too many Rev users are still using OS 9 or Classic.

I still am because I'm still using some very old Mac software that can't be
replaced on a Mac OSX platform - like MacProject - that has a 1989 date on
it.  I'll bet there are millions of Mac users out there as well using
ancient Macs that are frozen at OS 8 or 7.5.  Then there is this guy...
<http://aurejac.dyndns.org/> God love him.

I want Apple to stand by their promise to all third party developers years
ago when they published their Apple Mac Standards volumes - conform to these
standards and your application will always run on a Mac.  If they don't then
you and I will be stale-dated at OS 10.4.5 or whatever.

If they renege on that promise and cancel Classic it creates a huge problem
for developers who bought into it as there are still a huge number of OS 9
users out there.  After 20 years it is still good but it seems that Classic
will not be continued... Jim