Player object and memory

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Thu Mar 9 13:50:32 EST 2006

It hangs someplace down the line (i.e., not the first file name).

The code I have below IS used to set every filename, but it is still
hanging.  I thought maybe the lock messages was causing a legitimate
playStopped to be missed, so I modified it to use a custom property as a
semaphore and it still hangs.

I tried to set the filename to empty and then send a message to the target
in 500 milliseconds that sets the new filename, along with using the
semaphores, and it still hangs. :(

At 12:40 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:
>Recently, Peter T. Evensen wrote:
>
> > Still hangs, even if I set the filename to empty.  I did this:
> >
> >      lock messages
> >      set the filename of the target to empty
> >      set the filename of the target to the first item of tCurrentSoundList
> >      unlock messages
> >
> > Is that what you had in mind?
>
>Yes, but really you would call it every time you change sound files (not
>just the first time).  I would expect using this the first time you set a
>filename would have no effect -- the code is supposed to "clear out" the
>player for the *next* sound file to be played.  If your stack is hanging the
>*first* time filenames are set, something else is going on.
>
>Regards,
>
>Scott Rossi
>Creative Director
>Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design