Player object and memory

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Mar 9 13:40:08 EST 2006

Recently, Peter T. Evensen wrote:

> Still hangs, even if I set the filename to empty.  I did this:
>
>      lock messages
>      set the filename of the target to empty
>      set the filename of the target to the first item of tCurrentSoundList
>      unlock messages
>
> Is that what you had in mind?

Yes, but really you would call it every time you change sound files (not
just the first time).  I would expect using this the first time you set a
filename would have no effect -- the code is supposed to "clear out" the
player for the *next* sound file to be played.  If your stack is hanging the
*first* time filenames are set, something else is going on.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design