document icon problems on OSX

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Mar 9 12:37:13 EST 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Terry Judd wrote:

> Not sure whether there is something peculiar with my particular Mac
> but I don't seem to be able to get the correct icon showing on
> documents created by my standalone (I'm using a custom creator code
> but sticking with the RSTK filetype). No matter whether I assign a
> custom document icon via the standalone builder or not my documents
> invariably appear with the Rev application icon. I've checked the
> contents of the app package and the correct icon seems to be in
> place (RevolutionDoc.icns) but still no go. (OS 10.3.9, Rev 2.6/2.7)
>
> Any ideas?

I've had a similar problem, but with application icons on OS X. I
launch the app, and the correct icon appears in the Dock, but the
finder icon remains the generic application icon. I solve the problem
by opening the Get Info window for the app, clicking the icon, and
hitting delete. Bingo! The correct icon now appears in the Finder.
You could try this same technique on documents created by your app
and see if it works.

Regards,

Devin

Devin Asay