Stack on a server

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Mar 9 11:33:17 EST 2006

Hi Marty,

> Can multiple people simultaneously access data from a Rev stack on a
> server (from a standalone)? Is there a recommended method of doing so?

Only for read-only access as Devin described.

Since a stack is entirely RAM-resident, one user can open the stack,
keep it open while others make changes, and then save the
stack--undoing all changes made since he/she originally opened the
file.

The most practical way I have found to do do this is via a db server
app that supports record locking.  See
<http://wecode.org/serendipity/>.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company