Expanded DPI images for printing -Good News (news to me anyway)...

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 9 10:33:39 EST 2006

Are we sure about this? I mean PNGs allow for a separate PPI for
printing and screen display. I always assumed that apps like Rev used
the PPI information for printing.

Is this just Rev that is ignoring the other formats and just focusing
on the pict format? I haven't test this and would really like to know
what others have found.

Thanks Stephen,

Tom

On Mar 9, 2006, at 2:13 AM, Stephen Barncard wrote:

> In other words, Rev reads the DPI of the image from the file and
> prints accordingly in the print region. This does not work with
> PNG, Gif or jpg images, that show and print at screen resolution.
>
> So has rev always worked this way, or is this new?
> Weren't we encouraged to not use picts anymore?
> And finally, are PC users able to create picts?

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

Lazy River Software™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com

Lazy River Metal Art™ - http://www.lazyriversoftware.com/metal.html