importing list

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 8 23:00:51 EST 2006

---------------
Another approach would have an advantage or two.
ONE - using a web address like http://website.com would not use the colon as
a delimiter, since the 'split' command only considers the first occurance
TWO - if any glitches occurred that added spurious lines that did not match
an existing field, these would be ignored. (eg. tab, space)
THREE - if your labels have a leading/trailing space this will get cleaned
off
FOUR -- filter rawData without empty

NOTE: I would recommend that you not use "/" in your field label (eg.
Principal/Director)  can lead to problems later with scripting.

> repeat
>    put url ("file:/Path/To/Your/File.txt") into rawData
     filter rawData without empty
     split rawData using cr and ":"
     put the keys of rawData into fldnames

>    copy card "template" to this stack --create a new card for the data
>    go last card

       repeat for each line FLDNM in fldnames
         put word 1 to -1 of FLDNM into FLDNM
         if there is a field FLDNM then