Changing the screen resolution...

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Mar 8 21:36:00 EST 2006

On 3/8/06 8:05 PM, "Sarah Reichelt" <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Is there a way so that I can change the resolution of the screen using a
>> script in metacard itself.?
>
> On Mac OS X, you can use the cscreen shell command. I don't know if
> there is an equivalent for Windows or Linux.

Actually this is something that I have in my Scripter's Scrapbook (not Linux
though):

Mac OS 9
----------
Using Jon's Commands to change screen resolutions in OS 9:
    http://osaxen.com/files/jonscommands2.1.2.html

Mac OS X
-----------
The place to download 'cscript', a command-line utility for OS X that can
retrieve info about screens and to change their properties (including
reolution):
    http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/19753

or to directly download 'cscript':
    http://www.pyehouse.com/lynn/cscreen.dmg

Windows
----------
You can use one of three third-party command line executables ("MultiRes",
"Resolution Changer", or "VidRes"):
    http://www.entechtaiwan.com/files/multires.exe
    http://www.myitforum.com/inc/upload/1365Vidchng.zip
    http://www.jddesign.co.uk/