Revolution vs Visual Basic

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 8 17:26:33 EST 2006

On Mar 8, 2006, at 12:35 PM, Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> <snip>

> I would end up with font names that I believe are in unicode
> characters and did not display well in Rev.  And I do not know how
> to resolve that at this time  :-(
>
> Example:
>
> Geneva CE
> Monaco CE
> Times CE
> Helvetica CE
> Courier CE
> ÉqÉâÉMÉmäpÉS Pro W6
> ÉqÉâÉMÉmäpÉS Pro W3
> ÉqÉâÉMÉmä€ÉS Pro W4
> ÉqÉâÉMÉmñæí© Pro W6
> ÉqÉâÉMÉmñæí© Pro W3
> ª™Œƒœ???
> ÉqÉâÉMÉmäpÉS Std W8
> Geeza Pro Bold
> Lucida Grande CE
>
> Lines 6 through 12 show as characters above the 159 character range
> and are not readable on my English setup here.  I assume that the
> fonts on those lines are unicode.

Try this, Garrett:

on mouseUp
   put empty into fld "fontList"
   repeat with i = 1 to number of lines in the fontNames
     put uniencode(line i of the fontNames,"Japanese") & uniencode
(cr,"ANSI") after fld "fontList"
   end repeat
   set the textFont of line 1 to -1 of fld "fontList" to the textFont
of fld "fontList","Japanese"
end mouseUp

This gets it *mostly* right, I think.

Devin