DRM for Images and Text in Stacks

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 22:13:39 EST 2006

On 3/8/06, Ken Ray <kray at sonsothunder.com> wrote:

> No, they can get to them, but they won't know what how to decipher the
> binary data you put in there.

Of course everyone has only mentioned the images, although the same can
apply to the text in your text fields. This all seems very complex to me.

In Sivakatirswami Dreamworld the answer would seem to be DreamCard - as it
can be used as a database front end. With all images and text stored
securely in an encrypted database when anyone with the Rev IDE opens a front
end all they get is 'empty' fields, etc.

Pity DreamCard is on the way out, so I guess you'll have to go with a
standalone DB frontend; which means you don't have to worry about when your
dream of everyone having a stack player
will come true.

I have no idea if this would work but as for the problem of screenshots,
could you capture key strokes (is it CMD-OPT-3 on the Mac?) and put 'empty'
into the fields so they appear blank? Of course anyone can work around this
by starting 'Grab' (on Mac) and using the Menus to do a screenshot. Could
you blank the fields anytime your app is no longer front most?

Just some thoughts.