How to preload sound files

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Mon Mar 6 18:41:02 EST 2006

Thanks for all your suggestions, unfortunately the sequence of sound files
is dynamically generated, so splicing them together ahead of time won't work.

I did just try a test where instead of using one player to sequentially
play through the files, I tried interleaving the list between two
players.  I load up player 1 with the first sound file and player 2 with
the second.  In player 1's stopPlaying handler, I start Player 2 and then
set the filename of player 1 to the third sound file.

This does give me better performance.  I'm not sure if this is sufficient,
or if dynamically creating as players as I have sound files, and then
firing them one by one, would give me even more performance.

Peter T. Evensen
http://www.PetersRoadToHealth.com
314-629-5248 or 888-628-4588