Is style a kind of font ?

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Sat Mar 4 12:02:48 EST 2006

Bonjour André,

> Hi !
> With a field "thisFld" of which textFont is set to, say, "courier"
>
> If I write in msg :
>  put the textFont of line 1 of fld "thisFld"
> If every word of this line are in "plain" style
> then I get "courier"
>
> But
> if the style of at least one word in the line 1 is "italic"
> then textFont is  said "mixed"
> :-((((
>
> well, my feelings are mixed too :-))
>
> How can we get the textFont without this interference ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any explanation

sorry, but I do not have an answer, but I, personally, consider this
a bug!

 From the docs about "textfont":
If the chunk contains more than one font, the chunk's textFont
property reports "mixed".

But even if the textfont is identical and only the styles are "mixed"
I get
put the textfont of line 1 of fld 1 -> "mixed

Or am I missing something obvious?

> Bests regards from Grenoble
> André

Regards