Importing and export text with foreign accents

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Fri Mar 3 13:29:08 EST 2006

Hi Charles,

You are right, but as I understand it from Derek's question, his
text file is only an intermediate result for use on the same
platform. Still, even if he is going to use the text on a
different platform, while the text being plain ascii, htmlText
or even a script to convert the text might be a better solution
than unicode.

I think we need a little more information from Derek to decide
what is the best method for him.

Best,

Mark

--

Consultant and Software Engineer
mailto:m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info

Advertise with us and reach 1000 truely interested internet
users every month. See http://economy-x-talk.com/advertise.html
for more information.