Importing and export text with foreign accents

Mark Schonewille europe at ehug.info
Fri Mar 3 12:08:16 EST 2006

Hi Derek,

Even if you are using diacritics, as they are called, there is
no reason to use unicode. Only if the text you are exporting
contains Arabic, Polish, Bulgarian etc characters, which are not
in the ASCII character set, you might need to use unicode.

Does your text contain characters that are not in the ASCII
character set? If you are exporting as XML, you may have to use
the htmlText instead of plain text.

Best,

Mark

--

Consultant and Software Engineer
mailto:m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
http://www.economy-x-talk.com

eHUG coordinator
mailto:europe at ehug.info
http://www.ehug.info

Advertise with us and reach 1000 truely interested internet
users every month. See http://economy-x-talk.com/advertise.html
for more information.