implementing a search function

Charles Hartman charles.hartman at conncoll.edu
Wed Mar 1 07:33:38 EST 2006

If you want to go beyond the first character (press 'm' to get all
the 'm…' lines, 'a' to get all the 'ma…' lines rather than all the
'a…' lines) it gets trickier, but several people have worked out
versions of it. I can't remember quite when, but look in the archives
for roughly August of last year . . .

So many people come back to this, that it might be something to build
into a library?

Charles