Telnet Session

Jeffrey Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Thu Jun 29 21:21:46 EDT 2006

Hi,

Well I am now revising the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Deep Link rev
based program to work that Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute
and need to use a smaller compressed HD server.

I have a cool new HD mpeg server to play with here that was sposta be
serially controllable (what the clients wants) as the manufacturer
told me before we bought the sucker, but they neglected to say that
serial API will not be implemented until later this year. So the
alternative is the barely functional telnet api via tcpip.

Does anyone have some examples of setting up a telnet session via
tcpip using rev?

To top it off the documentation on the product is almost non existent.

Lesson Learned: when you ask about an api package for some hardware
in advance and they say 'oh youll get that with the unit' do not
believe them, it translates to nothing is done yet...

cheers,

jeff reynolds