export PNG weirdness

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 29 04:16:01 EDT 2006

And while we are at it, I discovered that pre 2.7, (but I don't know
which version) exported some PNGs that were *enormous*.  Simple
screenshots were over 1 meg.  I realised that exporting seemed  s l o w
but hadn't noticed the file sizes.  It wasn't until I was having a
clear-out that I found hundreds of monster screenshots lurking on my
disk.  They seemed OK in terms of displaying, but what was going on, I
have no idea.

I would imagine it would be quite a challenge to add so much stuff to
an image without corrupting it completely - unless it was some weird
parallel universe anti matter anti compression algorithm collision.
Somewhere out there my doppelganger is scratching his head wondering
why his PNGs are so absurdly *small*.  Oh dear.  This flight of fantasy
doesn't bode well for my productivity today.....

Best Wishes,

David Glasgow
Carlton Glasgow Partnership

http://www.i-psych.co.uk