paste into field does not trigger closefield

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Jun 27 15:27:10 EDT 2006

On 27/6/06 19:54, kee nethery wrote:

> On Jun 27, 2006, at 4:13 AM, Klaus Major wrote:
>> you could catch the "pastekey" message like this one:
>>
>> on closefield
>>   ##do your thing
>> end closefield
>>
>> on pastekey
>>   send "closefield" to me in 10 millisecs
>>   pass pastekey
>> end pastekey
>
> It does not work for me in 2.6.1.
> I tried it first in the stack script as a generic that would send
> closefield to the target and it never got called.
> I moved it to the card script, same thing.
> Moved it to the specific field and changed it from sending closefield to
> the target to sending it to me and that didn't get called.
> Very strange.
> Thanks for the advice, I'll play with this a bit longer to see why it is
> not working for me.

You may well be on top of this, but just in case: note that 'pasteKey'
literally only catches using the keyboard shortcut to paste; if the user uses
"paste" from the standard edit menu, the pasteKey message isn't sent.

   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866