Revolution Media Presentation Viewable on Web?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Tue Jun 27 06:53:53 EDT 2006

Richard,

Votes are precious so although I am very interested in this I don't
think I have enough votes left to apply to it.

I would say that maybe some crossover between a Flash/Java output and
a Rev development app would help greatly in this endeavor.

Maybe an Object exporter from with in Rev that exports objects into a
format useful in flash with built in functionality.

Tom McG

On Jun 27, 2006, at 12:25 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

>> . . . or, better yet, a translator which exports the fully
>> functional Revolution stack into a format
>> like Flash or QuickTime.
>
> Or even Java, which may be a closer fit in a lot of ways, and
> there's a lot of example code on generating byte code.
>
> Yeah, I'd like this option for some things.  There may even be a
> feature request filed in Bugzilla for this.  I wonder how many
> votes it's gotten.
>
> In the meantime, for Web deployment it's hard to beat Flash, just
> as for desktop applications it's hard to beat Rev.  I suppose it'd
> be ideal to have one tool that does everything optimally, but since
> both tools are pretty cheap and (at least in my work) it's rare
> that I'd want to make the same thing for web deployment and as a
> desktop app, maybe two tools isn't a deal breaker for either.....
>
> --
>  Richard Gaskin
>  Managing Editor, revJournal

Thomas J McGrath III