Revolution Media Presentation Viewable on Web?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Jun 26 20:08:03 EDT 2006

GregSmith wrote:

> When you say "a snap", what you mean by snap and what I may understand you
> to mean could easily be 2 different things.  I did look for examples of how
> to do what you are describing by searching the Revolution site and Google,
> but came up empty-handed.

Did you read the article I referenced?

Also, the Open Directory entry for Transcript has some links to
examples, like these:

<http://ddm.geo.umass.edu/>
<http://reactorlab.net/intro/tools.htm>

And then there's the RevPlayer, and RevNet, which is installed with
Revolution in Development->Plugins->GoRevNet

> Does this kind of "snap" involve all sorts of CGI, PHP, XML or other
> acronym-laced procedures, the likes of which I run from at the earliest
> opportunity?
>
> Or, is it easy like drag and drop stuff without writing a single line of
> code.  I just love it when advertisements reassure me with statements like
> that.

Point-and-click authoring in the Revolution line of products is limited
to the wizards (which RunRev calls "templates") provided with Rev Media.

I trust their player makes it easy to deploy these online, but to be
honest I build mostly standalones myself so I haven't yet looked at the
Player.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal