using sudo in shell?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Jun 26 05:25:09 EDT 2006

The 'shell' command is a very useful extension to Rev's native powers.
However, there are some things, at least on OS X, which I want to do that
require the shell command to be issued in super-user mode.

Is there any way to make this happen?   If you are working in the terminal,
you can issue the command as "sudo <x>" and you will be asked for the
password.  Prefix your parameter to "shell" with "sudo", and the result will
be the single line prompt "Password:".

I don't even know if this is a Rev question, or a bash question, or an OS X
question.  But does anybody know of a way that one can in effect pass a
password to shell in this situation, or in any other way get round this problem?

TIA,

   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866