about media...

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Mon Jun 26 05:14:06 EDT 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Andre Garzia wrote:
>>
>>> I am a Enterprise licensee, I received Rev Media as a Freebie
>>> because  I went to RevConWest and I must say, I like it. I've already
>>> created  little adventures with photos that don't mesh well, created
>>> kiosks  for un existant things and am now playing on creating a
>>> portfolio for  my cat.
>>>
>>> I am really enjoying this template thing, we should build more.
>>
>> That would be cool, but as I understand it even the most experienced
>> Enterprise developers are excluded from creating Media templates
>> because of Media's unique file format.
>
> If you mean the 2.7 file format on disk, Media can read any stack
> produced by any edition of Revolution. Enterprise users could write
> templates as long as they knew the specs for the template stacks.

Is the reverse also true, ie can Enterprise users edit stacks created by Media
(and then have them read by Media again)?  (Albeit obviously in Enterprise the
templates wouldn't be available, I imagine.)

   Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
   Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
   http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866