U3 apps and rev

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Mon Jun 26 00:32:38 EDT 2006

Garrett Hylltun wrote:
> And there's a fault with the logic of this technology, and that is, that
> all Windows installations allow the autorun functionality.  A lot of
> Windows users turn that feature off because they get so tired of Windows
> going through all the BS when all they want is to grab some backup files
> off of a CD.

In the Windows realm, .5% of users is still "a lot." I guarantee that fewer
people disable auto-run than, say, change their desktop. And woefully few
people know how to do that!

There is an OS/platform debate mingling in this discussion like a bit of
curry in soup. I applaud the U3 move, as additional cross-marketing is a
very good thing for Rev. I'd hate to see Rev adopt a "lowest common
denominator" approach for features, otherwise we'd be out of a lot of cool
things... for example, blending modes available only on Mac.

Now, where's my Tablet PC support? ;)