Windows system tray

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 09:02:45 EDT 2006

> > When I minimise an app in Windows, I get an entry along the bottom in
> > the task bar. I would really like to be able to get nothing but a
> > small icon in the system tray.
>
> *you* might like that.
> What would your Windows users - who are presumably more familiar with
> the way Windows usually works - like ?
>
> I suspect they might be confused by such a non-standard behaviour,
> unless it's a "system" app (network connections, wifi status and
> anti-virus/firewall are about the only ones I've seen do that).

It is for one particular app that runs permanently in the background,
so I thought it a suitable candidate for the system tray. I've also
had several requests to put it there, but as you all know, I am no
Windows expert, so if this is deprecated in the Windows world, please
let me know.

Thanks,
Sarah