"video/audio capture and more"

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Jun 23 15:07:50 EDT 2006

Sivakatirswami-

> How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com> writes:
>>I was checking out video grabber. Am I correct that video grabber can
>>only work with an external  video input? i.e. we are not able to grab
>>the current screen action as video and save it to a foo.mov file,
>>along with  the internal, USB mic feed at the same time....
>>
>>SnapZPro is giving me trouble on attempts to save 1024 X 728 over 20
>>minutes... I guess the file is  just so enormous as to be impossible.
>>And that  was on a G5 with a dual processor. I wrote Ambrozia
>>software with a query about that  but did not get a response.
>>
>>If anyone has solutions for the Mac to capture a full screen rect +
>>live audio feed  --> QT movie (20 minute presentations) let me
>>know... goal is to send this  to DVD format for final output via DVD
>>players.

Looks like I missed the original post of this one, but since there
weren't any other responses online: 1024 x 728 is *way* too big for
DVD format. I don't have my notes in front of me, but I think you'd be
better off downsizing the video to one of the valid DVD formats, i.e.,
720x480. This would also help with the capture size. And if SnapzPro
will let you capture directly to mpeg format that would save you the
pain of image conversion as well.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net