PDFs displayed in Player!

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Thu Jun 22 15:47:08 EDT 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 11:01 AM, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:
>> As pertains to player objects, it isn't a Rev issue, it is a
>> QuickTime issue.  On OS X QuickTime supports PDF display.  On Windows
>> it does not.
>>
>> --
>> Trevor DeVore
>> Blue Mango Learning Systems - www.bluemangolearning.com
>> trevor at bluemangolearning.com
>
> Trevor,
>
> Even so, Rev is the product that we all purchased to produce
> cross-platform apps. If Runtimes 'easy' solution is to wrap
> QuickTime into
> a player object to quickly support more filetypes, they should at
> least be
> working 'for us' to convince Apple to improve those supported
> filetypes to
> benefit everyone. If Apple insists that QuickTime for Windows will
> never
> support the PDF format, then other actions should be taken to directly
> support the format. After all, PDF is becoming the most common
> standard
> file format known to mankind.

Hi Roger,

I'm not making an argument for how things should be, I'm just letting
you know what is going on in the background.  I'm wouldn't think that
the Rev folks see this as a solution at all.  The fact that you can
display a PDF in a player object on OS X is just a side effect of
using QuickTime with a player object.  It isn't a Revolution provided
solution.

trevor at bluemangolearning.com