Create folder, defaultFolder and exporting...

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Thu Jun 22 05:10:21 EDT 2006

Richmond Mathewson wrote:

>Thank you very much indeed Richard Gaskin.
>
>So . . .
>
>presumably to make sure the text file ends up inside my new folder I am going to have to state the path explicitly?
>
>This could be a "right pain" if the stacks are to be used on various computers running various operating systems - with various installations of RR in funny places.

Why would it be a pain ?

When you create the folder, it is created within the defaultFolder at
the time - so you can do
   create folder lName
   set the defaultFolder to (the defaultFolder & "/" & lName)

Note - that is assuming "lName" is a simple name or relative path+name -
if it's possible for it to be an absolute path name, then you need to
account for that.