teleprompter application- reverse text, smooth scrolling?

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Wed Jun 21 19:17:53 EDT 2006

no, no.... Flipping the WHOLE SCREEN at the MONITOR is the answer...
electronically in real time.

I'm sure there are flat panel manufacturers that make screens do that
- very simple these days....there might even be something in the OS
that could do that.

at the cheesiest - one I suppose could write fast XCMDs to rewrite
the screen bitmap continuously backwards in real time but...

you should stay with Standard display methods and find the right
display. Remember the OPERATOR has to be able to read another, normal
screen.

This is better handled with a monitor card in the PC that can output
NTSC video, as opposed to VGA.

May I suggest you look into monitors /screens designed for the SUV
'TV in the back, shut up Kids' market - many have a reversing feature
(for backing up the car in lieu of rear visibility) - and some come
in sizes up to 12 to 15", and they're designed to run on batteries.

These use 1V peak to peak video (in other words, standard composite
video) instead of VGA to move the images around.  VGA (and other
computer formats) have higher resolution, but are harder to split,
and since the characters have to be pretty big, the loss in
resolution should be ok. And since the output would be standard
video, it's easy to split and use anywhere with any NTSC monitor.

Smooth scrolling?... maybe a camera and a few hundered feet of paper
on a scroll...wait a minute...

sqb

--
stephen barncard