[OT (slightly) ] Re: Please confirm your message

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 12:17:26 EDT 2006

FWIW, I've never seen one of these messages.

And I tend to be pretty tolerant of white lists anyway. Other reactions here
notwithstanding -- and clearly honest and intelligent people can disagree
about this -- I have used them over the years on some of my addresses to
great effect in reducing spam. So I'm not inclined to react angrily or
grumpily when someone uses one of them.

I do, however, agree that one should not use such a technique on an address
one uses for public mailing list subscriptions.