Network Slow down kills Rev FTP?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Jun 20 18:47:03 EDT 2006

There seems to be some network jam up's lately between Hawaii and the
mainland. It can take "forever" (10 seconds) for an FTP connection-
log-in to connect.  When this happens, some of my FTP scripts start
failing, even though I have this set at the beginning:

   set the socketTimeOutInterval to 100000

Any clue what Rev cases things like this to die:

  libUrlFtpUpload todaysPage, (gHTUrlStem & returnURL()), "loadDone"

I never get "loadDone" sent...and nothing is uploaded.  I know there
is nothing wrong with the scripts because when the networks are not
so jammed the scripts run fine.

It's as if Rev waits and waits and then gives up?? Any clues? Fixes?

Sivakatirswami