Stop videoclip from playing

Paul Malloy pmalloy at butler.org
Tue Jun 20 15:11:40 EDT 2006

Sorry for the repeat post, but I got no responses last time. I have searched
the documentation and tried several fixes to no avail.

I want to display a videoClip (a Quicktime movie that has been imported into
the stack) on my opening card, then stop playing when the user moves to the
next card. The following script plays the movie fine, but the movie
continues to appear superimposed on all subsequent cards.

on opencard
  set the scale of videoclip 1176 to 0.35
  play videoclip 1176 at 500,200 looping
  send "startRolling" to fld "Credits"
end opencard

on closeCard
  stop playing videoclip 1176
end closeCard

I suspect the message is not getting "passed" but I can't figure out how to
fix it. Thanks in advance.

--
Paul Malloy, Ph.D.
Director of Psychology, Butler Hospital