Did I miss something?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Tue Jun 20 11:00:37 EDT 2006

Derek,

I appreciate the effort to build a straightforward icon editor that could be
integrated into Revolution.

I downloaded your stack and gave it a try. Nothing happened when I tried to
use any of the tools in the image area. Even after I placed an image,
nothing appeared in the preview area. So I moved on. I'm using Windows XP.

To be honest, I use Axialis Icon Workshop 6.0, which works extremely well.
You paste in (or draw) your icon at a large size and the program
automatically builds all the other sizes, at all the various bit depths, for
both Windows and Macintosh, with variable transparency, in the
proper/official file formats. Works perfectly; the results are very high
quality and I've never had a problem building or using an icon.

Would be hard to imagine building something of comparable utility without a
major time investment.

Fully functional 30-day demo available at
http://www.axialis.com/iconworkshop

I just released a beta of my Icon Editor for Revolution on RevOnline and my
Web Site, and I've gotten zero response regarding the project.  Am I wasting
my time?  Is there something better out there?  Should I move on to the next
project on my list?
<<<