Laptop diary tool in REV - Glyphs

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Mon Jun 19 14:11:52 EDT 2006

<opinion>
  I find icons overwhelming except for the most general of tasks.
Icons without tooltips are unforgivable.
</opinion>

I know exactly which audio app you're talking about. Not only were
there too many icons, but many of the representations were
misleading. And no tooltips, at least in the last version I bought.
The waveform representation was ugly to look at as well. I bought
into 2-3 versions, hoping they'd clean it all up, but it never
happened.

I needed an app to quickly slice and dice 'interleaved' stereo audio
files, and was forced to use it as there was nothing else in the
market. (The industry leader, Pro Tools, does not supply a product
that will allow direct editing of these kind of files for some reason
- intermediate files are always created in and out.)

I finally found Soundstudio 3 - and it looks and works sorta like Pro
Tools. Great for $79

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o