need help with strings

Jared Smith smith.sgt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 01:03:50 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

As I was trying to make a string, I instinctively wrote something like:

put tab * 2 & "Hello" into field "Field"

This returned an error. Why can't I tell it to put in two tabs this
way? I need this functionality so I can make the number of tabs vary
according to a variable. Is there a way to do this?

I guess I could use a repeat loop, but I don't know how to do it. My
Java mentality kicked in and wrote something like the following, which
doesn't work:

repeat for myVariable times
tabCount = tabCount+tab
end repeat
put tabCount & "Hello" into field "Field"

My Transcript learning process is admittedly trial & error :-(