Use of "rev" at beginning of stack names

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 02:26:56 EDT 2006

On 6/14/06, Devin Asay <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:
> It used to be A Very Bad Thing to begin a stack name with "rev".
> Somewhere in the back of my head I thought I remembered that it's no
> longer a problem. Can anyone confirm this? Some of us creating sample
> stacks for RevCon need to know. ;-)

If you start a stack name with "rev", the IDE will assume it is one of
it's own stacks. This means it will not show up in Application Browser
or any other stack listing, unless you have "Show Rev UI Elements in
Lists" turned on. Debugging will also be more difficult.

However if you are writing a plugin or IDE enhancement, then hiding it
from lists is a good thing, so I would recommend testing your stack
with a non-rev name, and then changing the name once it is fully
debugged.

HTH,
Sarah