result set database query

Robert Mann robmann at gp-racing.com
Sun Jun 11 00:04:00 EDT 2006

I see thanks works now

Robert Mann
President
GP Racing LLC

-----Original Message-----
From: use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com
[mailto:use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com]On Behalf Of Peter T
Evensen
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 10:47 PM
To: How to use Revolution
Subject: Re: result set database query

Don't you need something like:

put "SELECT * FROM workers WHERE workers.ID='" & gnameid & "'" into
theSQL

if gnameid is a Revolution variable, it won't automatically be
substituted in a string.  You have to build the string.

On Jun 10, 2006, at 8:56 PM, Robert Mann wrote:

> Thanks got that working
> now having trouble getting the variable to work in the new query
>
>   global gnameid
>   put gnameid into fld "gnameid"  --I know it is passing the id it
> puts it
> in this fld
>
>   put "SELECT * FROM workers WHERE workers.ID='gnameid'" into theSQL
>
> if I put the number in the query it works fine
>

> Robert Mann

Peter T. Evensen
314-629-5248 or 888-682-4588 (toll free)
http://www.PetersRoadtoHealth.com
Get on the road to better health with Juice Plus+
17 fruits, vegetables and grains in capsules, chewables, or gummies
24-hour pre-recorded information line:  1-800-942-1260

preferences: