stack crashes Rev

James Spencer jspencer78 at mac.com
Sat Jun 10 17:53:50 EDT 2006

On Jun 10, 2006, at 4:24 PM, Byron Turner wrote:

> The current version of a stack crashes rev as do the last 2
> versions of the stack. Versions 3 generations ago are fine. It
> probably would only take me half a day to recreate what was lost,
> but I'd sure like to avoid that. Is there some trick to opening
> stacks that might make a crash less likely (at least to recover
> scripts).

Suppress messages which you can do most easily by clicking on the
Messages button in the toolbar (looks like an envelope with a little
lock in front of it.  It should now show the lock open but when you
click the button, the lock will be shown as, well, locked.)  You can
now open your stack and edit the scripts but none of the scripts will
actually run.

You will probably want to turn messages back on almost immediately
after opening your stack as this suppresses ALL messages including
ones needed for the IDE to run properly.

Spence

James P. Spencer
Rochester, MN

jspencer78 at mac.com

"Badges??  We don't need no stinkin badges!"