Very newbie question

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Jun 8 10:20:09 EDT 2006

Kevin, Jacque, et al:

>> Having example
>> code is great, but I would love to go to a player object section and
>> see
>> everything I can do with a player, for instance.

If you have an older version of Revolution you can do what I do: fire
it up, select Rev Dictionary, and use the "Show" pulldown to select the
category (eg: messages, properties, etc.) and the control type (eg:
field, button, image, etc.) to see all the messages/properties/etc.
relating to the type of control I selected.

I use that section of help more than any other, and IMFO Rev
documentation took a _big_ step backwards when that feature was
removed.

> A new heading and column will appear for your chosen object. All
> keywords that relate to that object will be checkmarked in its column.
> You can see them more easily by clicking on the column header so that
> they are all sorted together.
>
> Then just read everything. :)

This does not provide the same quick answer to questions like "what
properties does an image have?" or "what messages are sent to a
button?".

I'd really like to see the "Show" pulldown back in the Dictionary.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company