Associating Icons with Standalone Applications.

DAHIYA Nitesh Nitesh.DAHIYA at insead.edu
Thu Jun 8 08:40:53 EDT 2006

Hi all !!

I want to associate an icon to the standalone applications. If I
associate the icons provided in Revolution 2.6/Sample Icons, things are
perfectly fine.

But when I try to associate some other icons it shows an error like this
image does not support these type of formats.

Exact Error is like this:

The icon file "FileName" does not include the following 3 required image
formats:

16 color 32 x 32 pixels

256 color 32 x 32 pixels

Windows(32-bit color) 32 x 32 pixels

I have tried making the other .ico file of the same pixels and same bits
as those .ico files in Revolution, but same error is appearing.

Also in the Revolutions documentation it is clearly mentioned that:

Important! The icon file's size must be 744 bytes. If the file is not
this size, it's not in the correct format, and trying to use it as an
application icon won't work.

Now the .ico files in Revolution 2.6 are of 25 KB each. I don't know how
they are associated well, but not the other icon files.

I need the clarifications as well as some way to associate some other
.ico files to standalone application.

Is there a way out??

Expecting a quick reply,

Regards,