Linux installation

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Wed Jun 7 13:31:21 EDT 2006

Just for the record, Message 22 of the U-R Digest Vol 33, Issue 6 (4th
June) makes it absolutely clear that:

1) The first 5 RB functions for deducing Linux system paths are
unnecessary in Rev.

2) The last 3 functions are too unreliable for use.

Therefore, neither a GUI not a console application in RB would do the
job. It is obvious that the idea was being abandoned.

On top of that, it has been established subsequently that these 8
functions are insufficient.

Furthermore, what also becomes interestingly clear is that although RR
standalones may or may not be 100% what they profess to be by their
denomination, they appear to be far superior to RealBasic "Applications"
which, as far as I can see would certainly require a real "setup" to
make them work reliably. However, interesting though it is, that is a
subject I do not intend to elaborate on here.

Bob