robotics

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Jun 7 08:14:36 EDT 2006

On 6/7/06, "Kay C Lan" <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you don't mind me asking, what do you do with your ER1? At 7.5
> grand a pop I can't imagine you use it to take your computer for it's
> 'morning constitutional':-)

The hobbyist-level kit isn't nearly that expensive. When I got mine, It is
only $299 for the "Personal Robot System" kit. It took about 4 hours to
build (no soldering required). I wish I had more time to play because it
is an awesome robot. I also got the gripper arm accessory and the obstacle
avoidance IR sensors. I can send it on a mission through the house to drop
my empty mountain-dew cans into the trash. One summer I taught my ER1 to
feed our 3 cats while we were away on vacation. :-)

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>