Apple Events?

Todd Geist toddgeist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 16:14:34 EDT 2006

On 6/4/06, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> on appleEvent theClass, theID
>    put "class:" && theClass & return & ¬
>    "ID" && theID & return into myVar
>    request appleEvent data
>    put "AppleEvent data:" && it after myVar
>    answer myVar
> end appleEvent
>
> You might want to put this into a stack script and make a standalone
> of that stack.

Thanks Mark!

But then what do I do?

Lets suppose I want to send Apple Events from Rev for the moment.  Can
I target this lettle Rev App with an Applescript? Will it then report
the Apple event syntax that I need to usse?

Also I noticed that the docs say to place the appleEvent Message
handler in the "current card script, not the stack script. Does  it
matter?  Or will the message just go throught the current card first
then on to the stack?

Thanks Again?

Todd