Making a browser with Rev

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Sat Jun 3 14:36:32 EDT 2006

Jack Tsu wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I certainly don't want to write my browser engine
from scratch, so it's good to hear this. I'm still kind of worried about
specific things, like how to provide my own interface to create
plug-ins, since I assume my app can't use IE or Safari plug-ins. I'd
like to create a serious browser for everyday use, not just a toy to
hack with. But anyway, altBrowser looks very promising and I think I
might try it.

Hi Jack! (!!!)

It's a bit on the old side, but you might want to pay a quick visit to
my page about altBrowser at

http://www.howsoft.com/runrev/vector_graphics_in_revolution.htm

You will find a few pictures there showing the use of altBrowser in
IE/Windows with plugins such as SVG, Rebol and PDF.

Regards,
Bob Warren