Making a browser with Rev

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Sat Jun 3 02:02:59 EDT 2006

Jack,

Yes, with altBrowser you can do everything a professional browser could do
quite nicely.... because you are actually using the professional browser. It
basically enables you to embed either Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari
(Mac) into your Rev stack. It is not an alternative browser.

Rev itself can capture the HTML of any web page and even does some basic
rendering -- text styles and inline graphics -- within its text fields. But
it won't handle anything like tables or CSS or DHTML. As for writing your
own browser from scratch in Rev? That would be a massive undertaking no
matter what language/platform you used! :)

news:BAY118-F3385A1BEBEF3FB6A00049CC9960 at phx.gbl...