Repeat Unexpectedly Aborted

Bridger Maxwell bridgeyman at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 01:29:59 EDT 2006

Hey,
  For some reason every time I open the script editor using the keyboard
shortcut (CTRL + Shift + C (or S)) it will quit a repeat loop that is
running, but if I open the script editor from the menubar on the RevMenuBar
stack it is fine.  This doesn't make any sense, no errors are popping up,
and try/catch setups are catching any errors.
Here is the script I was having trouble with.  The image "Pinger" is just an
animated GIF that is of a wave of white that spreads outward in a circle and
fades away during the last 30 frames.  It is in the card script, if that
makes any difference.

on ping
  lock screen
  set the repeatCount of img "Pinger" of me to 0
  set the currentFrame of img "Pinger" of me to 1
  set the blendLevel of img "Pinger" of me to 0
  unlock screen
    repeat with x = 1 to (the frameCount of img "Pinger" of me - 10)
      set the currentFrame of img "Pinger" of me to x
      wait 2 tick with messages
      if  the abs of (x - the frameCount of img "Pinger" of me) < 30 then
        put 30 - (the frameCount of img "Pinger" of me - x) into y
        set the blendLevel of img "Pinger" of me to (y * 5)
      end if
    end repeat
end ping

  Thank You,