LibURL Error Previous request not completed

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Jul 27 19:03:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

Right after uploading a dozen of files to my ftp account
asynchronically using the libUrlFtpUploadFile command, I can't get a
directory listing using the syntax: get url "ftp://
name:pass at ftp.domain.com/folder/" (note the trailing slash, as I want
a listing). Most of the time I receive the error "Error Previous
request not completed".

It appears the GetURL handler in the revLibURL script doesn't let me
get the url because the variable lvBlockingUrl is not empty. Although
everything has been uploaded/downloaded already, lbBlockingUrl
indicates that one or more transfers are still in progress. So, in
the GetURL handler, I changed the line which checks whether any url's
are currently being handled and added variable to force the handler
to run normally:

   if lvBlockingUrl is empty or lvBlockBypass is true or
lvAuthBlockBypass is true or lOverrideBlockingUrls is true then

The variable lOverrideBlockingUrls is from me and is set using an
additional command. If lOverrideBlockingUrls is true, getUrl still
runs as expected. I am not sure that this is a solution, though.

Additionally, many repeat loops like these

if laLoadReq[tUrlHolder] is empty then
     repeat until laStatus[tUrlHolder] is not empty
       if lvJumpOut then exit to top
       wait for messages
     end repeat
   end if

in LibURL never finish. Probably, this means the laStatus[tUrlHolder]
is always empty or lvJumpOut is always false.

First, I would like to know, is this likely to be a bug in the libURL
library, or am I doing something wrong? Second, before I start
debugging libUrl, is there a simple way to prevent this problem from
occurring and did anyone see this problem before? If there is no
solution for this problem yet, what would be a good place in the
library to start debugging? I need to solve this problem now, so
every idea is more than welcome.

I'm using Rev 2.7.2 on Mac OS X 10.4.7.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

Download ErrorLib at http://economy-x-talk.com/developers.html and
get full control of error handling in Revolution.