Play command gone quiet

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jul 27 16:00:44 EDT 2006

This may be a tad off topic, but it concerns Rev. I am converting a
stack to Revolution that has hundreds of "play" commands in it. Since
there are so many, I decided to just use them as-is rather than change
everything to use players. This has been working fine for some weeks.

Yesterday I used Audacity for OS X to convert some sounds. It turned off
my system sounds globally and nothing I could do in the System Prefs
would turn it back on. The "beep" command did nothing, Thunderbird no
longer beeped when mail arrived, etc. Rebooting the Mac restored it.

Ever since then, Rev can't play sounds any more with the "play" command.
This has persisted through several machine reboots. It can play them
inside a player but not with the play command. This is a global problem
too, since MetaCard and other older versions of Rev can no longer use
the play command now either.

Does anyone know how to get this capability back? Any idea what got
hosed? Needless to say, Audacity probably isn't in my future any more.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com