Imagedata row order

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Jul 25 15:41:13 EDT 2006

Rob Cozens wrote:

> Perhaps we are approaching "use" from different viewpoints; but then
> again it may all boil down to my misconception of what happens if I set
> the text of an image to an imageData-formatted string.  If you use "use"
> in the sense of "take the imageData as a starting point for your
> modifications", you'll get no argument from me.  And if setting the text
> of an image to an imageData-formatted string throws an error, I'm flat
> out wrong.  But if it doesn't throw an error, what does happen?

I get an empty image with no content. There is no error, the image just
doesn't display anything. Also, this returns false:

   put (the imageData of img 1) = (the text of img 1)

So they aren't the same, but each has its own purpose. If you need to
manipulate pixels, use imageData. If you need to work with whole images,
the text is more useful.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com